POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Amazing Discovery! : Re: Amazing Discovery! Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:25:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amazing Discovery!
From: omniVERSE
Date: 24 Nov 1999 07:17:31
Message: <383bd75b@news.povray.org>
I didn't realize it until I encountered this that when I was a kid and the
family went to a restaurant (not a real fancy kind) every month or so I
picked up on the repetitive pattern in the tabletop, you know those kind
with smallish modern art designs in them (60's era)?  Well it made me
remember how I was staring into the table and this same effect happened and
from then on I was always trying to convince everyone else I was seeing
something strange.  Needless to say looking back on it the parents were
probably wondering what was wrong with me.  All I recall is how they would
try and say that yeah the pattern in the tabletop was interesting.  Think I
went back to the usual sort of thing of finding shapes and such in the
patterns in the usual way eventually.
Funny though how I never had a comparison to be able to remember that right
until I saw this effect in tiled patterns on the computer screen.

Bob

news:231119990716473246%chr### [at] yahoocom...